[Wien] Energy in SCF not converged

santhy kathirvelu k_santhy79 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 13 19:13:22 CEST 2007

Dear Wien2k users,

  I am trying to find the enthalpy of formation for FeTi in B2 phase. I took RMT of Fe and Ti is 2, RKMAX=9, GMAX=12, mixer=0.2 and k-point=1000.

  For Ti-HCP, RMT=2, RKMAX=9, GMAX=12, mixer=0.2 and k-point=1000.

  For Fe-BCC, RMT=2, RKMAX=9, GMAX=12, mixer=0.05(because of magnetic nature) and k-point=1000.  During SCF calculation, for Fe-BCC system I got error that
  “Energy in SCF not converged”.  When I analyzed, the energy value is not converged and charge distance =0.00655.

  I think, If I increase the no of iteration, energy will converge.  If this is correct, how to increase the no. of iteration?

  I have one more doubt, that the way I took RMT, RKMAX and k-point (accuracy test for RKMAX and k-point did for FeTi system, which value is applied to Ti and Fe system) for FeTi, Ti and Fe is correct?

  Thanks in advance

  Regards,
  Santhy Jaiker

with love,