[Wien] difference density TiN

Konstantin Nefedev nefedev at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Sat Jul 14 11:00:56 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I wish calculate difference electron density for TiN. This is end of the
exercise 1 from wien2k workshop tasks (Singapore 6-9 july). I use old
version of wien2k and I have not x-program for visualization .

The content of *.in2 file is

TOT
0.350    17.0  0.50 0.05                EMIN, NE, ESEPERMIN, ESEPER0
TETRA    0.000
  0 0  4 0  4 4  6 0  6 4
  0 0  4 0  4 4  6 0  6 4
 12.          GMAX
NOFILE

Emin I have took from *.scf1 file as a bottom

 LOCAL ORBITAL
          E( 2)=    0.3500   E(BOTTOM)=    0.350   E(TOP)= -200.000
             APW+lo

The content of *.inst file

Ti
Ar 2
3, 2,2.0  P
3, 2,0.0  N
4,-1,1.0  N
4,-1,1.0  N
He 3
2,-1,1.0  N
2,-1,1.0  N
2, 1,1.0  N
2, 1,0.0  N
2,-2,2.0  N
2,-2,0.0  N
****
****

I have use x lstart [-sigma] and for (100) direction have chose *.in5 in
following form

-1 -1 0 4
-1  3 0 4
 3 -1 0 4
3 2 3
100 100
DIFF SUB
ANG VAL NODEBUG
ORTHO

But I can not to obtain "occupied Ti-d band" plot, in form as I can see in
exercise. My value of density charge is 5, but I see it must be 0.08 in
maximum.
How it is possible to modify *.in2 for obtain the density in a certain
E-interval? I have search in UG for case.in2 and no information about
such modification...

Which way I need use for plotting of charge density only of  d-electrons?

Other question concerns of band structure. Is it possible to leave only
interesting direction in BZ for example Gamma L and X, and cut other?

Regards,
Konstantin