[Wien] PLEASE HELP - PROBLEMS WITH c-AXIS FOR GRAPHENE

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Thu Jul 19 14:38:01 CEST 2007

Could you give me more details about your calculation ? More
specifically, did you check the MATRIX SIZE in the scf file in the three
calculations. It should increase dramatically when the c parameter is
increased to 25 angstroms. Then one explanation could be that when the c
parameter is a little bit increased (5 angstrom) the MATRIX SIZE is not
too big in comparison to the initial calculation. However, when you use
25 angstrom the MATRIX SIZE needed to have an accurate calculation is
too big compare to the parameters used in the Wien2k calculation. In
fact, I do not really know if the problem is here because I need more
information about your calculations (Did the lapw1 and lapw2 (during the
scf cycle) works correctly when c parameter is 25 angstrom ?). However,
I can simply say that the increase of the c parameter will induce an
increase of the size of the interstitial region, and then an increase of
the number of plane waves needed to describe this region (i.e. the
matrix size will increase).
Hope that this mail will help you.

With my best Regards

Xavier Rocquefelte