[Wien] Installation on Intel Mac

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Fri Jul 20 10:59:04 CEST 2007

I agree withthe analysis of Masao Arai, and you can see it from this output:

>matl-hci-d185:~/TiC/TiC_3 asharvey$ echo $WIENROOT
>/Applications/Wien2K
>matl-hci-d185:~/TiC/TiC_3 asharvey$ which x_lapw
>/Applications/Wien2K/x_lapw
>matl-hci-d185:~/TiC/TiC_3 asharvey$ which x
>/usr/X11R6/bin/x

Your wien executables are in applications/wien2k, if you execute the
x_lapw command it correctly locates it there, but if you execute x, it
goes the /usr/... directory to pick up the X command there.

I've no mac experience, but perhaps you can try to put $WIENROOT earlier
in your PATH variable than /usr? (which might trigger problems if later
you want to use X ...)

Stefaan