[Wien] Magnetic Moment of Nonmagnetic Atom

Thomas Mazet thomas.mazet at lcsm.uhp-nancy.fr
Fri Jul 20 15:39:58 CEST 2007

Dear Sir,

 It seems you want calculate properties of SOLIDS not of isolated atoms.
Both Al and Ti are non-magnetic solids (but both Al and Ti isolated
atoms carry a magnetic moment .... most a isolated atoms are magnetic
but only a few elemental solids are...). For Al and Ti solids you can
perform spin-polarized computations which should lead to a non magnetic
ground state or, to gain time, simply carry non-spin-polarized computations.

Thomas