[Wien] goto on opterons

Matyáš Novák novakmat at fzu.cz
Tue Jul 24 15:45:44 CEST 2007

Dear WIEN users,
I have a problem with implementing goto on opteron. I succesfully
compiled goto library version 1.15
on opteron 280 (2.4Ghz) and it passed the tests (included in goto
library). Then I compiled WIEN
with ifort 9.1 and following options:

current:FOPT:-i-static -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -static -xW
-align -DINTEL_VML -ipo -O2
current:LDFLAGS:-i-static
current:DPARALLEL:''
current:R_LIBS:-static -L../SRC_lib -lgoto -llapack_lapw -lgoto
-llapack_lapw -lgoto -lmkl_em64t -lguide -lpthread

and ran some test exaplmes. All without error. But if I try to compute
large problem (matrix was size aproximatelly 10000),
the results of lapw1 were completly wrong (there were many eigenvalues
below -9.0000). The same case can
be succesfully computed by WIEN compiled with mkl while others compiler
options remains unchanged.

I tried to search the discussion and I found only one post with the same
problem - or at least with the same symptoms
(but on itanium instead of  opterons) - but without solution.

Thanks a lot for any your suggestions,
best regards
Matyas Novak