[Wien] New and old OPTIC calculations.

Robertson Burgess Robertson.Burgess at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Jul 25 07:31:01 CEST 2007

Dear Wien Users,
I have been calculating the optical properties, in particular the eloss,
for slabs of aluminium, and as I've mentioned on this mailing list
before, there's been quite noticeable differences between old versions
of WIEN (around WIEN2k_03) and the most recent. These changes originate
within the JOINT routine. I was looking through the code and I'm pretty
sure the differences must occur within the OPT1 subroutine. The old
version of WIEN does not have the OPT1 subroutine, whereas the new
version, which gives optical properties very different, does. I was
wondering what is the purpose of the OPT1 subroutine, and why was it
entered into the code? In particular, how does it differ in the intended
output from the NOCULC subroutine?

Many thanks,
Bob Burgess
University of Newcastle