[Wien] Increasing k-points and the lapw2 step

jadhikari@clarku.edu jadhikari at clarku.edu
Wed Jul 25 21:42:02 CEST 2007

Dear WIEN2k users,

This mail is similar to what I posted sometime ago.

I have now tried on more than 4 different compounds to increase the number
of k points in the IBZ and run the scf cycles. But the calculation gets
stuck in lapw2 without any error message. Even if there are no ghost bands
in the lower k points case, the calculation do not move forward.

As an example, in Lithium Niobate, 10 k-points in IBZ works fine ( moving
up from 1 then 2 then 6) but the next higher number ie 19 never works.
There is no indication of ghost bands.

Another example, Potassium Calcium Niobate (already posted) gave me
similar results and is not reproducible.

Is there any parameter to scale up for higher number of k-points
calculation? I would be very grateful for your suggestions.

Thanking you.
Subin Adhikari