[Wien] isplit option in the struct file

Jorissen Kevin kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Jul 27 00:35:29 CEST 2007

Hi David,

ISPLIT is indeed simply an output parameter used for the case.qtl file.  It is only active in a "x lapw2 -qtl" calculation.  So, it shouldn't matter that you change it earlier on.

"x lapw2 -qtl" can, sometimes, take a lot longer for isplit=99 than for other isplit values.  So it's good to think about which atoms you'll want ELNES for, and then run it once with isplit set to 99 for all those atoms (and to the default value for all other atoms).

And remember, case.struct is formatted, so make sure you get "ISPLIT=99" in case.struct, not "ISPLIT= 99" etc.

Kevin.

Kevin Jorissen
University of Washington
Dept. of Physics