[Wien] Occupation number

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Thu Jun 7 11:24:29 CEST 2007

> How to get the real occupation number for each band? Since the QTL** or the
> integrated density of states just gives the number of electrons in
> muffin-tin sphere, does it meaningful to use the QTL** value to analyse the
> isomer shift?

Do not know about the occupation number for each band, but concerning the
isomer shift: it is formed by the electron density in the nucleus centre.  In
the scf file it is given by :RTO values. More precisely, RTO is the dencity
in the first point of radial mesh, very close to the centre, inside the
nucleus. I am sure that QTL should not be used for tendencies of the isomer
shift, but RTO gives them, though it should be calibrated. Look for example
to PRL56(1986)2407

Best regardsPRL56(1986)2407
Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 442118 (home), 218988(office), 250614(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su, lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
http://fti.udm.ru/ltt/personals/dobysh.htm