[Wien] band gap

Igor Djerdj Igor.Djerdj at mat.ethz.ch
Sat Jun 9 00:30:19 CEST 2007

Dear all,
According to neutron diffraction and synchrotron XRD, the investigated
compound which is in the form of nanoparticles is VOx(OH)y. I used output
data from structural probes as an input for Wien 2k, assuming RminKmax=3,
Gmax=25, potential GGA (default), N(k)=1000. I ended with the  band structure which seems to be metallic,
but DC conductivity measurement gave semiconductor sigma-T dependence with
band gap around 0.69 eV. Where is the key in calculation, or is it possible
that I have influence of nanoparticulate nature of my sample? Any help is
welcome.
Regards,
Igor