[Wien] Fluorite structure

Michael Fischer dommiguel at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 22:16:19 CEST 2007

Firstly, 0.25 0.25 0.25 and 0.25 0.25 0.75 are symmetrically equivalent
positions and should only be specified once (from what you have
written, I am not sure if you have done this correctly). The equivalent
atoms are generated.
Secondly, I think you have a problem with your stochiometry. The
position 0 0 0 for Al has a multiplicity of 4 atoms per unit cell, but
0.25 0.25 0.25 means 8 nitrogen atoms per unit cell. Consequently, you
will not arrive at AlN, but AlN2. Are you sure about the fluorite
structure of this compound? By browsing Google for "structure AlN" and
looking at 2 random entries, I find the keywords "wurtzite" (hexagonal
ZnS) and "zinc-blende" (cubic ZnS), so maybe you should use one of the
two.

Good luck,
Michael