[Wien] Fwd: Fwd: Problem when running LSDA + U

swarup saha saha18swarup at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:19:39 CEST 2007

Dear Sir,
            I calculate LSDA+ U for Ni only for testing which works well
using same procedure. I follow your suggesion and change the value in Ry in
case.indmc. But it is not working for FeCr2S4 compound.
 For running this compound  i used
   instgen_lapw
   init_lapw
   then i copy FeCr2S4.inorb  FeCr2S4.indmc
   after that runsp_lapw -orb -I -i 20 -cc 0.00001
 which is not working .   orb programme is not working .

 In case of Ni  1 scf cycle
 runsp_lapw -orb -I -i 1
LAPW0 END
 ORB   END
 ORB   END
 LAPW1 END
 LAPW1 END
 LAPW2 END
 LAPW2 END
LAPWDM END
LAPWDM END
 CORE  END
 CORE  END
 MIXER END  all programme is running
For FeCr2S4
    runsp_lapw -orb -I -i 1
LAPW0 END
 LAPW1 END
 LAPW1 END
 LAPW2 END
 LAPW2 END
after this programme aborted.

   case.inorb
  1  2  0                     nmod, natorb, ipr
PRATT  1.0                    BROYD/PRATT, mixing
  1 1 2                          iatom nlorb, lorb
  2 1 2                          iatom nlorb, lorb
  1                              nsic 0..AFM, 1..SIC, 2..HFM
   0.1147  0.00        U J (Ry)   Note: we recommend to use U_eff = U-J and
J=0
   0.04485 0.00        U J
case.indmc
-9.                      Emin cutoff energy
 2                       number of atoms for which density matrix is
calculated
 1  1  2      index of 1st atom, number of L's, L1
 2  1  2      dtto for 2nd atom, repeat NATOM times
 0 0           r-index, (l,s)index

 I tried all possible way but i dont figure what is the problem.
  Please help.
 Swarup