[Wien] Stuck in LAPW2 after increasing the number of k-points

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 22 08:10:37 CEST 2007

More k-points do NOT need more memory (need more disk space).

You said, also the previous calculations had "ghost bands", which could
be "solved". What did you do ? I'd expect you still have ghostbands.

Are you sure that the previous calculations were converged WITHOUT
ghostbands ?

Messages like:  "eigenvalues below  -9.0" are a strong indication of
ghostbands !!!

When does it occur ? Right in the first iteration (starting from
previous "good" run ?? or after many iterations (what was :DIS ?? ...)

Eventually, rm case.scf, *.bro*, restore "good-case" and start scf again.