[Wien] about magnetic moment in SCF

Ricardo Faccio rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
Mon Jun 25 19:48:19 CEST 2007

Hi
All the answers related to your questions depends on your specific case.
1- The different options: -cc, -ec, fc, should allows you to explore the
convergence of your calculation. You should achieve convergence in RKmax, in
k sampling, etc. For ceramics I use charge convergence=0.0001, maybe other
people had another criteria.
Please, start reading the book of Cottenier, it covers all the important
aspects in a excellent way:

http://weblog.kuleuven.be/dlcount.php?id=iks&url=http://www.fys.kuleuven.ac.be/iks/nvsf/publications/DFT_and_LAPW.pdf

2- FSM, is a routine that FIXS the magnetic moment of the different atoms.
This can help to explore different magnetic models, that do not converge in
a simple calculation (SP). So FSM helps to force to a specific solutions.

Good luck
Ricardo
-----   Ing. Quím. Ricardo Faccio

  Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
  Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
       Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
       C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
  E-mail: rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
  Phone: 598 2 9241860 Int. 109