[Wien] 'SECLR4' - SYEVX

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 12 08:29:44 CET 2007

a) Maybe NUME in param.inc_r/c of SRC_lapw1 needs to be incresed!
b) The emin/emax energy window is specified in Ry (not eV).
c) You are running a "medium size" calculations for a metallic system.
Thus you should have many k-points (more than your 8 ?) and
matrixsize/memory should be small enough to hold the H,S matrices in
memory on a single cpu. Therefore, you should definitely use the k-point
parallel version, not the fine-grain mpi-based parallel one !!
For this, your .machines file should NOT look like:

8:hostname:8

but contain 8 (identical) lines like

1:hostname
... (8 times)

This will span 8 lapw1 jobs, each one runs one k-point.

Eventually, on your Altix you set "shared memory" during siteconfig.