[Wien] Band Structure

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Mar 26 13:45:56 CEST 2007

Dear Sherif Yehia,

Here is attached a small part of the user guide concerning IRREP:

This program determines the irreducible representation for each
eigenvalue and all your k-points. It is in particular usefull to analyse
energy bands and their connectivity.
You need a valid vector file, but no other input is required. The output
can be found in case.outputir and case.irrep. For nonmagnetic SO
calculations you must set IPR=1 in case.inso.
The output of this program is needed when you want to draw
bandstructures with connected lines (instead of ``dots'').
*It will not work in cases of non-symmorphic spacegroups AND k-points at
the surface of the BZ. See also $WIENROOT/SRC_irrep/README.*

Are in this situation? If yes, you should not execute "x irrep" and you
must continue your calculation by "x lapw2 -qtl -band" (if you want to
project information from the atomic spheres) and then "x spaghetti".

Best Regards

Xavier