[Wien] Postdoctoral Position Available

Quanfang Chen qchen at mail.ucf.edu
Wed May 9 19:30:28 CEST 2007

Good Afternoon Prof Marks,
I have learned that your group is very active on electron density as well as nanomaterials. We are currently working on nanomaterials for MEMS devices, with emphasis on experimental side. I am wondering if I can pay a visit to you in the beginning of June, to see if we can find some common interest in future.

Thank you very much

Sincerely

Quanfang

Quanfang Chen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
MEMS and Nanomaterials Laboratory
University of Central Florida (UCF)
Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering Department
P. O. Box 162450
Orlando, FL 32816-2450
Tel:(407)823-2152
Fax: (407)823-0208
e-mail:qchen at mail.ucf.edu

>>> "Laurence Marks" <L-marks at northwestern.edu> 1/16/2007 9:01 AM >>>
Postdoctoral position at Northwestern University
DFT and Electron Microscopy

A postdoctoral position is available at Northwestern University
for someone with expertise in both DFT (Wien2k, Vasp, PWSCF) and
transmission electron microscopy. The research will be in a number
of different areas including charge density measurements at both
surfaces and for bulk materials; structure and energies of surface
reconstructions; oxides for use either as catalysts or in solid
oxide fuel cells. The applicant must hold a recent Ph.D. in physics,
chemistry, or materials science. Further requirements for this position
are: (1) A good knowledge of electronic structure theory. (2) Experience
with first-principles calculations such as Density Functional Theory. (3)
Extensive hands-on experience with transmission electron microscopy and
diffraction (4) Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and
collaborators. (5) Demonstrated ability to write high-quality manuscripts
suitable for publication in peer-reviewed journals.

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall