[Wien] problems with orb calculations

Hua Wu wu at ph2.uni-koeln.de
Thu May 24 18:14:29 CEST 2007

First loop generates the density matrix. Please check
the case.dmatup(dn) files. You applied U to both the
f and d electrons of Gd. Does the case.dmatup contain
the required matrix elements of f (and d) for calculating
V_orb potential.  For Gd3+ the 5d is empty and might
be unimportant. You may firstly make your test simple:
apply U only to the f electrons to see what will happen...

good luck -- H. Wu