[Wien] Wannier functions

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 30 18:14:56 CEST 2007

I would not recommend lapw7, as it supports only the old LAPW basis (no
APW+lo). Furthermore I don't think it helps to get psi on some grid in real space.

I'd use a mixture of lapw2 and some parts of lapw0.

lapw2 has of course all the wavefucntions calculated (before it calculates the
density) and all you need is to print out the Alm, Blm, Clm coefficients for
the selected eigenvalues.

The overlap integral is then done inside the sphere "analytically" (or
semi-analytically) using orthogonality constrains of radial wave functions and
spherical harmonics.
In the interstitial you do it similar as in lapw0 by FFT and stepfunctions
(like in rean0).