[Wien] w2web -> cluster

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Thu May 31 19:02:47 CEST 2007

Dear List Members

Imaging that you have users who only know how to use wien2k using the
w2web gui. They are using it on there local Linux clients.

I'm now challenged to configure their setup so that they can submit
parallel jobs to a cluster (288 dual-processor compute nodes based on
AMD Opteron 250 processors, 8 GB memory connected by means of a
Quadrics QsNet II interconnect). Installation of wien2k on the
cluster and password-less ssh connection from client to cluster are
no problem. But how do I get the job correctly submitted to the
queueing system (LSF, bsub [options] -n N prun ./program) on the
cluster from the w2web gui on the client (we are not allowed to run
w2web on the cluster itself)? Furthermore, I don't know the node
names which will be used in advance. I have found some information on
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/pbs.html but I still don't know yet
how to "glue" all this information together. Is this possible at all
using the w2web gui? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Regards,
Marc