[Wien] Charge of each atom within a unit cell

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Wed Nov 7 23:11:02 CET 2007

The total number of electrons within the Rmt sphere can be found at
:CTOxxx in case.scf . It is an instructive exercise to do this
calculation for NaCl, where you will see Cl does not have one extra
electron, but merely one tenth of it. The indications "+1" and "-1"
are symbols in an ionic picture, and do not correspond to real
electron transfers in nature.

Stefaan