[Wien] 2-window semi core calculation of Ge3d fails

Johan Eriksson joher at ifm.liu.se
Mon Nov 19 11:02:17 CET 2007

Hi again. I'm still trying to run the Ge3d 2-window calculations.
However I got stuck on the last step of the instructions.

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2005-February/004728.html

It is this step:
> Finally you will have to edit   run_lapw
> Look for     lapw1s:
> replace the line
>      total exec	lapw1 -sc $para
> by   cp $file.vector $file.vectors
>
> Now run an scf cycle. You should have the Ge-3d states in the valence, but
> have introduced a hole in the Ge-3d states of one particular atom.
I have two questions

1) What about the case.energys file?
Running "x lapw2 -sc " is not possible without that file. Should I just
copy the case.energy file from the previous step in the instructions
(where the Ge 3d electrons were threated as core electrons)? Or should I
, in analogy with the case.vectors file, insert "cp $file.energy
$file.energys" in the lapw1s: section in run_lapw?

2) Should I run one iteration with the inX and inXs files and then run
to convergence without the inXs files or should I run to convergence
with the inXs files present?

Cheers
/Johan Eriksson