[Wien] Mixer error

Ashley Harvey ashley.harvey at mat.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 22 12:59:31 CET 2007

You are certainly correct that I did not include all the information.
As a new user working alone, I do not know where to find all the
information that might be relevant.
Thanks for the list of general things to check.

For some of your points:
The second time this mixer error happened, it was in a brand-new
directory with no previous files.
0) The version was installed within a few days of the version 07.3
release.
I have re-installed from the complete source code again, and perhaps
the error won't repeat itself.
1) All the files listed in mixer.def were present:
.inm - 200 bytes
.clmsum_old - 2.7 MB
.clmval - 2.5 MB
.clmsc - 0 bytes
.clmcor - 61.6 MB
.struct - 2.9 KB
.scf - 406.3 KB
.broyd1 - 24 bytes
.broyd2 - 0 bytes (also .broyd2001 2002 2003 2004)
2) Running x mixer gave:
forrt1: severe (24) end-of-file during read, unit 32, file /home/
aharvey/Wien2k/GdCoO3/GdCoO3.broyd2001
This is similar to what Bjoern and Stefaan reported earlier.
5) Last lines of .outputm under 19. Iteration:
:DIS	  :  CHARGE DISTANCE     ( 0.0157539 for atom   1 spin 1)
0.1347781
Big check      0.525D-02   0.643D-02   0.674D-02
Last lines of .scfm:
:PLANE:   INTERSTITIAL TOTAL	61.41379	DISTAN	0.0140833
:CHARG:  CLM CHARGE TOTAL	1.54997		DISTAN	0.0086475
:REDuction and DMIX in Broyd:	1.0829		0.4000

Hopefully with time I become a better user.
Ashley