[Wien] Problem optimizing internal parameters NN - error

Bo Qiu 200210qb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:05:37 CEST 2007

Thanks very much for your reply!

The structure file I'm using is exactly the same as that one in the
userguide:

TiO2:
Lattice :
Spacegroup :  136_P42/mnm_

Splitting of equivalent positions not available.
To split you must select a lattice type      <--why? I thought the
equivalent ones have already been splitted.

Lattice constant:
a  8.682 bohr, b  8.682 bohr, c 8.682 bohr
alpha = beta = gamma = 90 degree

Atom one : Ti         Z=22    RMT = 2.00
     Pos 1:  x= 0   y= 0   z=0
     Pos 2:  x=0.5 y=0.5  z=0.5

Atom two : O         Z=8.0   RMT=1.6
     Pos  1:  x=0.3   y=0.3  z=0
     Pos  2:  x=0.7   y=0.7  z=0
     Pos  3:  x=0.2   y=0.8  z=0.5
     Pos  4:  x=0.8   y=0.2  z=0.5

After I saved the structure, I didn't press
"set automatically RMT and continue editing" because I want to follow the
RMT value in the userguide. Then I cleaned up and initialize the calculation
and so on... that's what I have done.

I followed your suggestions and reduced the RMT :  Ti : from 2.0-->1.8
O:  from 1.6--> 1.5, however, when I initialize the calculation and right
after the "x lstart" step, there is a warning saying:

WARNING !!!! For good atomic total energies you
Check try.outputst for which atom/states the core-leakage occurs and rerun
lstart with lower core-seperation energy (or increase RMT)

Should I increase the RMT again? Thanks a lot again!!!

Best Wishes!
Sincerely yours,

Bo Qiu