[Wien] Problem with mixer

Björn Hülsen huelsen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Oct 22 17:39:15 CEST 2007

Dear L. Marks,

I investigate the interface between an insulator and a magnetic material, looking for the stable structures
for different terminations and registries. So there are certainly some "unphysical" configurations in the
candidate pool. Maybe I can compare the stability of the structures with the number of iteration needed to
converge them when all calculations finished.

At the moment I try different (smaller) values for the mixer which seem to help a bit.

There are 7500 PW's (from case.outputd*) and around 33000 CLM's (number of lines in case.clmsum*). According
to your second statement this causes troubles.
Since finally everything converges I would rather wait until the final release of the next version.

Best regards
Bjoern