[Wien] How to get the position of band edge

Baoling Huang naivebamboo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:21:47 CEST 2007

    Thank you very much for your reply. I checked the .spaghetti_ene file.
Actually it just contains the k points and energies on the specified path,
which is defined in xxx.klist_band. What I want to find is the global band
edge. I found the band gap (energy data) by checking the energy range of the
bands in xxx.scf file and the Fermi energy. But these data can not be found
in the xxx.spaghetti_ene file. That means the path I chose does not pass
through the band edge and I can not find the band edge position in the
xxx.spaghett_ene file. I may try to specify another path and hope it will
pass through the band edge, but I doubt I would be so lucky.
    So the problem is how to scan all the k points and find the position of
the band edge. I also want to fit the effective mass at the band edge. I
know xxx.energy/xxx.energyso contain the data I want. But I don't know the
format of the xxx.energy file though...

Best regards

Baoling