[Wien] Question on internal parameter optimization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 30 16:07:42 CET 2007

Hi,

I checked your Bi case and could verify the problems.

Actually, the problem is not so much in clmaddsub, but in SRC_dstart.

The variable PI was not defined properly (needed ONLY for R cases), thus
the list of fourier coefficients is wrong.
This does NOT matter for a regular scf calculation, but leads
to a crash with the new charge-extrapolation.

You can replace SRC_dstart/init.f with the attached file.

PS: As mentioned by L.Marks, pairhess does NOT support R lattices.
However, there's no such check in w2web and it will run pairhess anyway.
Thus "PORT" may start a bit strange in this case, but to my understanding
it should "correct" itself (its hessian).