[Wien] at daemon

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 19 14:20:24 CEST 2007

Yes it should. I would also suggest doing an "at" of "ldd lapw2", both
on your head node and compute nodes. Someone in unix-land decided not
to export all the environmental variables in recent at versions, and
one that is not exported is LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This will show up
unresolved libraries, and may also show up inconsistencies in the
libraries that are being used due to "errors" by system administrators
or just old files. (Expect bugs.)

There is a file in $WIENROOT named parallel_options which is read by
most of the relevant scripts. It is not designed for this, but you can
add things there. It would be more general (and standard) to have a
file "local_options" in the main directory and (perhaps) a file
$HOME/.wien_user_options that each user can alter (maybe $HOME/.wienrc
is more conventional).

On 9/19/07, Stefaan Cottenier <Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> > The only difference between them is:
> > diff 1 2
> > 12c12
> > < stack size              (kbytes, -s) unlimited
> > ---
> >> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
> >
> > So it looks that we should change the stack size of "at login" from
> > 10240 to the unlimited stack size of "interactively login", right?
>

> Indeed. This will almost certainly solve your lapw2 problem.
>
> Stefaan

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
EMM2007 http://ns.crys.ras.ru/EMMM07/
Commission on Electron Diffraction of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/IUCR_CED