[Wien] parameters in case.inso for RLO _updated question

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 1 09:50:15 CEST 2008

Without knowing any details:

Yes, Pb and Te have p states as valence and thus your E-param setting seem
plausible.

And: "good agreement" of the bandgap with experiment is not necessarily to
be expected. At least for the more common semiconductors we know very well
that a "correct" GGA calculation underestimates the bandgap significantly
and "obtaining the exp. gap" would indicate that your calculation is "wrong".