[Wien] optimization

Santhy Jaiker k_santhy79 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 9 06:37:45 CEST 2008

I am trying to optimize Fe2Ti  system for more than a month.  Still i am facing problem in it.

  Structure Details: Positions of atoms  Fe (0,0,0) and (0.1705,0.341,1/4)
                                                         Ti (1/3,2/3,0.5647)
                             a=b=4.794 A c=7.834 A
                             alpha=beta=90 degree gamma=120 degree
  Parameters: RMT (of Fe and Ti) =2  k point =76 IBZ Gmax=14
                    mixer=0.20 RKmax=10

  Force are there in atom 2 and atom 3

  SCF and mini calculation runs nicely.
  During optimization with mini, varying volume from -5 to 0%, it shows error in
  -3% volume reduction. It shows mini.error (stop in mini forces small)

  Since i tried optimization without mini, it runs nicely from -5 to 0% volume reduction.  But it shows error in c/a ratio optimization.  Both mini.error (stop in mini forces small) and lapw1.error (Cholesky INFO = 2198 'SECLR4' - POTRF (scalarpack/lapack) failed).

  I know that i am doing mistake some where.  Because of that i tried all the possiblities.  But i am not able to trace it out.  Any suggestions regarding this problem will be helpful.

  Thanks in advance

Regards,
  Santhy Jaiker

  Research Scholar,
  Materials Thermodynamics Lab,
  Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering,
  Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
  Chennai - 600 036,  India
  Tel: 91-044-22575763
A truly happy person is one