[Wien] About EELS calculate

pf.guan@imr.tohoku.ac.jp pf.guan at imr.tohoku.ac.jp
Thu Aug 28 09:32:28 CEST 2008

Dear All-user:

I have some question about EELS calculation:
1, how can I set the energy of the edge onset? from experiment?
2, how to set the parameter in case.inb?

I do some test use FeO system like this:
1), run SCF
2), edit in1 to set EMAX
3), x lapw1, x lapw2 -qtl
4), edit innes, but I didn't know how to set the parameter, can give me some adviceS?
5), x telness2
6), edit inb, I also didn't know how to set it?
7), x broadening

can get me some reference about set this parameters? If I want the high energy EELS, how can I do?
Thank you very much!

Pengfei GUAN
International Frontier Center for Advanced Materials
Institute for Materials Research
Tohoku University
2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
Tel: +81-22-215-2139
Fax: +81-22-215-2194
Email: pf.guan at imr.tohoku.ac.jp