[Wien] MAC OS X + Wien2k

Patryk Zaleski-Ejgierd teopze at chem.helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 1 18:14:32 CET 2008

Hello dear Wien2k users,

For already quite some time I am struggling with the installation of
Wien2k on my MacBook. The computer is pretty standard: it's the latest
MacBook with Intel processor, 2Gb RAM, etc.

For the moment I have downloaded and installed the Xcode, a package
that I believe is necessary for proper compilation. I also have
working 'gfortran' and 'gcc' compilers. Now; I tried to run
./siteconfig and it works pretty fine. I am able to set all the
default parameters (I felt it's saver to use Generic settings, since
the only available MAC settings it for Mac G4 which I don't have.

I don't know what to do, I mean how to precede, I tried several
compilation paths but it's always wrong and the compilation fails. Is
there any one who managed to install Wien2k on MAC OS X ? If so,
please, could you spare some time and guide me through the
installation process ...

PS. I could attache the error logs but they are SOOO long ....

Thank you.

--
Patryk Zaleski-Ejgierd

e-mail: patryk at z-e.pl