[Wien] [WIEN]A very simple question on LAPW-sets

Jun Jiang czjiangjun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:56:54 CET 2008

Dear Professor:
       Thank you very much for your quickly reply. In fact the "LAPW-sets"
refer to the basis-set functions used in WIEN2K and the diagonal over-lap
matrix-elements are the SPANEL(i,i) calculated by hamilt.F.

       I found that, for example, SPANEL(1,1) for k_1 are about 10^(-2) in
numerical difference with that of k_2. Here both k_1 and k_2 are read from
case.klist, and vector K_1=k_1+ G(0,0,0) and vector K_2=k_2+G(0,0,0) are
individual for index of SPANEL(1,1). However, I think that the SPANEL(1,1)
of one k_1 shuold be equal to SPANEL(1,1) of k_2. Maybe this numerical
difference just due to the truncated l_max in the plane wave expanding by
the Bessel function.

       Anyway, thank you again!

Jun