[Wien] DOS in a single k-pointitrary

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Thu Dec 18 13:13:45 CET 2008

One answer was just given by Peter replying to another question:

otherwise you
get a very "spiky" DOS (or no DOS for a single k-point, because the tetrahedron
integration does not capture the set of delta-functions coming from a single k-point)

So what do you mean with the DOS of a single k-point ?
It is just a single delta function (not respecting degeneracies) so
plot the bandstructure in any direction you like and the spaghettis tell you at which energy the delta functions appear.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University