[Wien] Formation energy + some other querries!

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Thu Feb 7 09:15:28 CET 2008

Just to contribute also to the confusion:
In my lab, the nitrogen is liquid and comes in big barrels. If the gaseous phase of N2 at room temperature is the ground state, does it mean that the nitrogen in my barrel is deexcited into a sub-ground state

In the textbook on an introduction to solid state physics by Ch. Kittel I found that nitrogen has a cubic structure with a lattice parameter of 0.566 nm at 20K.

May be its hard to breathe at 0K because oxygen will be solid, too.

have fun
Gerhard