[Wien] How to get the radius to contain the valence electron charge

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 2 10:03:38 CET 2008

You cannot do this with standard WIEN2k.

However, the necessary code changes are rather trivial. One can expand the
planewave-representation of the charge density (clmval) from the center
of the corresponding atoms using a besselfunction-expansion.
Check some math-book.

Such an expansion is actually in the code in lapw0.F, where the plane-wave
coulomb-potential is expanded exactly for R=Rmt. You would need to plugin
the density (instead of V) and do it on a radial mesh (for r > RMT). Then use
the integration subroutine "charge" to integrate until you get the desired
charge.