[Wien] Error while loading shared libraries

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sat Jan 12 08:47:14 CET 2008

> In .bashrc (or equivalent) insert: ulimit -s unlimited.
> In lapw0para and x_lapw insert: limit stacksize unlimited.
>
> Still I see the same error. Also is it ok to insert "limit stacksize
> unlimited" anywhere in the mentioned files?

"ulimit -s unlimited" and "limit stacksize unlimited" are identical
commands, the first one being valid for the bash shell, the other for
the cshell. Usually putting  the right one in .bashrc or .cshrc
(depending on which shell you are using) is sufficient. log out and
log in after having made the changes, which is the easiest way to make
sure the changes became active.

If you don't know what this means, search someone close to you who
knows a bit about linux.

Stefaan