[Wien] Which mpi?

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:31:44 CET 2008

With the introduction of an mpi benchmark (thanks Peter), I would like
to start a thread on this which would help me and perhaps others. Some
questions:
1) Has anyone tested Intel's mpi to see how much better (if at all) it is?
2) Is there much difference between mpich-1 and mpich-2?
3) Is there much effect for 1) and 2) with ethernet versus myrinet or
infiniband?
4) Should one use rsh/ssh or something different for multiple CPU's on
one computer?

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall