[Wien] lapwdm-orbital moment

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 30 08:51:54 CET 2008

Maybe the UG is not clear enough:

LDA+U requires the density matrix and thus RINDEX=0, LSINDEX=0 during
runsp -orb -so. This option will also print an orbital moment, so no further
calculation is necessary.

On the other hand, runsp -so (without -orb) will not call lapwdm at all and thus
at the end of an scf cycle you need to calculate the orbital moment in an extra step
using lapwdm.

The comment about "SYM" is probably 20 years old and I don't have this program anymore.
In principle you have to use an approach as indicated in D.Singhs book. The rotation matrices
for the Ylm are in programs like   lapwdm or afminput   and one could write such a
program using these basic utilities.