[Wien] StructGen

Dan Maftei dan.maftei at chem.uaic.ro
Wed Jul 2 14:49:20 CEST 2008

Dear Dr. Chaplygin,

Sneaking into the w2web root directory I've found the following about
the "unknown reason":
- The template is created by copying the "case.struct" file from
$WIENROOT/SRC_templates into the working directory,
  script structask.pl from htdocs/util, line 24 (in the wien2k_08 package):
  $umps = qx( cd $DIR;cp $WIENROOT/SRC_templates/case.struct $CASE.struct);
- StructGen may fail to create the TiC.struct file due to a missing
$WIENROOT/SRC_templates directory (or a missing case.struct file in that
directory) or an erroneous initialization  of  the environment variable
WIENROOT (check if WIENROOT is exported properly, i.e. via .bashrc or
other shell initialization file, BEFORE launching w2web)

To avoid all the above one may replace the corresponding line in the
perl script (structask.pl) with the folowing:
 $umps = qx( cd $DIR;cp $WIENROOT/SRC_templates/case.struct $CASE.struct
|| touch $CASE.struct );
(notice the double-pipe OR || operator which creates the empty file if
the file copy operation fails).

Best regards,
Dan Maftei.