[Wien] quick start

Javad hashemifar jhashemifar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:09:49 CEST 2008

> I appreciate Dr. Javad hashemifar for his help.
> I missunderstood the usersguide.
> I think the file presented in Fig.34 is generated after the action of "save
> file and clean up".
>
> There is a sentence that "When you are done, exit the StructGen with "save
> file and clean up".
> This will generate the file TiC.struct (shown now in view-only mode with a
> different background color), which is the
> master input file for all subsequent programs. This step also automatically
> generates the input file
> for the free atom program lstart (atomic configurations) tic.inst." in p.17
> of the usersguide,
> and
> "3.7 Initialization of the calculation (init lapw)
> After the two basic input files have been created, initalization of the
> calculation is done by "Execution
>  initialize calc.". This will guide you through the steps necessary to
> initialite the calculation.
> Simply follow the steps that are highlighted in green and follow the
> instructions."
>
> But I can not get the lstart (atomic configurations) tic.inst

After clicking on "save file and clean up" the file tic.inst should be
created in you working directory. Please look at this directory before
starting initialization to see whether this file exist. If NOT then there is
something wrong in your struct generation or even may be in your wien2k
installation.

But if you see this file after cammand "save file and clean up" then you
should be able to do inialization without any problem

SJ Hashemifar