[Wien] compiling with mkl 10.0.3

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jul 29 13:32:06 CEST 2008

MKL was not buggy,
most of the installations were buggy or inappropriate, that's a big difference.

I have no problems with IFORT 10.1, MKL 10.0.3 on freshly installed 64-bit SUSE 10.3 or 11.0 systems,
not even with -static linking.

Problems occure on updated Linux systems and too many old installed IFORT/MKL versions combined with incorrect use of ldconfig.

If your system is running ok, why do you want to upgrade just one part ? Never change a winning team !

Ciao
Gerhard