[Wien] Broadening in XAFS / ELNES

Che Seabourne cheseabourne at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 16:12:23 CEST 2008

I am using the latest version of Wien - with the pre-compiled executables
from the website. This question specifically relates to the TELNES and
related broadening modules. Having searched through the previous mailing
lists, I have been able to find Kevin Jorissen's previous descriptions of
the various broadenings that can be applied to the results. Of particular
interest to myself is the energy dependent final-state lifetime broadening
capability.

With a background in chemistry I have been able to successfully understand
Moreau et al's description of finding a Lorentzian broadening factor. I
would however be interested to know in basic terms (being a non-expert) how
this is applied to the raw .elnes data.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Che Seabourne

Che Seabourne