[Wien] QTL after parallel SCF

Dan Maftei dan.maftei at chem.uaic.ro
Mon Jun 16 10:42:22 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am performing a spin-polarized SCF run in parallel over k-points (20
jobs on 10 dual-CPU nodes). The cluster nodes share the working
directory via NFS, the $SCRATCH directory being local (under /tmp).

lapw1 (-up/-dn)  generates 20 case.vector_* files (2 on each node) for
spin up/dn in the corresponding SCRATCH dirs. So far, everything works
fine.

The problem arises when trying to compute partial charges needed for the
DOS: when running "x lapw2 -qtl -up -p".

lapw2 complains about the vector files and I've noticed in "upqtl.def"
that it refers to case.vectorup and case.vectordn instead of (I guess)
case.vectorup_* and case.vectordn_*.

Should I combine the case.vectorup_*/case.vectordn_* stored on $SCRATCH
dir of the nodes into 2  coresponding vector files tor each spin, in
order to compute the DOS? If so, how to do that?

Regards,

Dan Maftei.
Assistant Professor,
Department. of Chemistry,