[Wien] bandplot

Dimitris Kechrakos dkehrakos at ims.demokritos.gr
Mon Jun 23 11:50:35 CEST 2008

1.A possible (probably not the fastest) route is as follows :
   Plot the spaghetti, to start with.
   Get the K0-value at which the gap occurs (eg. GAMMA point)
   Get EFERMI from case.outputt.
   Examine (eigen)energy values at K0 in case.output1 : The energy
difference between EFERMI and the
   next E value is the required energy gap.
   Similarly, knowing the k-values where band extrema (min,max) occur (
see spaghetti plot),
   you can obtain the bandwidth from examination of E(K) values in
case.output1.

2. YES ! Increasing the case.klist set, in principle, improves accuracy
of SC potential.
    See UG  pg. 19 - "x kgen"

Dimitris