[Wien] Ls - HS

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 26 21:48:02 CEST 2008

Search the usersguide for runfsm_lapw (fixed spin moment). Another way
to stabilize different spin configurations is to use LDA+U with
different density matrices as input and use -orbc for the first few
iterations -- see the usersguide for -orbc.

Stefaan

> Daer Wien users,
>                 I'm trying to calculate the possible low-spin and
> high-spin states of La0.75Sr0.25CoO3 compound. In order to define
> the Low spin , I modified the case.inst file so the up and down spin
>  of Co d-orbitals are equal, also for the case of high spin I put
> the  maximum number of unpaired electrons.
> See the files below:
> Low spin
> ----------
> Co
> Ar 3
> 3, 2,2.0  N
> 3, 2,2.0  N
> 3,-3,1.5  N
> 3,-3,1.5  N
> 4,-1,1.0  N
> 4,-1,1.0  N
>

> High Spin
> ----------------
> Co
> Ar 3
> 3, 2,2.0  N
> 3, 2,2.0  N
> 3,-3,3.0  N
> 3,-3,0.0  N
> 4,-1,1.0  N
> 4,-1,1.0  N
>

> But In both cases I got a moment of 3.14 mb on the Co atom.
>
> So what do you think is wrong, here?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bothina

Stefaan Cottenier
Computational Materials Engineering (CME) &
Institute for Minerals Engineering (GHI)&
Center for Computational Engineering Science (CCES) &
Jülich-Aachen Research Alliance (JARA)
RWTH Aachen University
Mauerstrasse 5
DE-52064 Aachen