[Wien] Very elemental questions...

Chandrika rcais at cal3.vsnl.net.in
Fri Mar 7 05:33:14 CET 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: zubaer
  Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Wien] Very elemental questions...

  On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Chandrika <rcais at cal3.vsnl.net.in> wrote:

    The reflection of my nose and the middle of my body is at at the central
    plane (of symmetry) and is not displaced right or left in the mirror. So
    there cannot be an inversion. Lateral inversion
    is only to the left and right of the normal. I can look upside-down only if
    I am in front of a convex or concave mirror.

  Just to  note: in front of a convex or concave mirror your whole picture will be elongated or shortened on the mirror. It will not give you a upside-down image, I think.
  Sorry. Mirror should read lens.
  Chandrika

    Am I right Gerhard?
    Chandrika