[Wien] LDA+U and forces

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 18 14:25:20 CET 2008

The rumor is correct, and you are able to read the UG.

The current release does not support forces, i.e. to be more specific:
the forces ONLY for atoms where U has been applied, are wrong; while
even now the forces on atoms without U are ok (eg. on oxygen sites in
your nickelates.

We already have a version with corrected forces also for "U-corrected" atoms
and this will be included in the next release (which I plan to release
in a few weeks, unless some issues appear in our developer version).