[Wien] problem with TiSi2 structure

Michael Fischer dommiguel at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 22:25:58 CET 2008

Hello,

from the information you provided, I cannot see where the problem might
be. I entered the coordinates you supplied, and the structure appears
reasonable to me. StructGen displays 2 Ti-atoms and 4 Si-atoms, which
together with the face-centering delivers 8 Ti and 16 Si per cell, as
it is to be expected from the Wyckoff positions. The interatomic
distances also look ok (approx. 2.54 Angstrom in the 1st coordination
sphere).
If you have not yet solved your problem, I think it would be useful to
supply the faulty Struct-file.

Best regards
Michael